Thursday, June 18, 2015

QUIZDOM ACADEMY # 6 FAMOUS LAST WORDS

Who said these words…




1. Josephine...
Napoleon Bonaparte, French Emperor, May 5, 1821


2.Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight.
~~ Lord George Byron, writer, d. 1824


3.I'm bored with it all.
Before slipping into a coma. He died 9 days later.

~~ Winston Churchill, statesman, d. January 24, 1965

4.My God. What's happened?
~~ Diana (Spencer), Princess of Wales, d. August 31, 1997


5.It is very beautiful over there.
~~ Thomas Alva Edison, inventor, d. October 18, 1931


6.Go on, get out - last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
To his housekeeper, who urged him to tell her his last words so she could write them down for posterity.
~~ Karl Marx, revolutionary, d. 1883


7.Put out the light.
~~ Theodore Roosevelt, US President, d. 1919


8.Sister, you're trying to keep me alive as an old curiosity, but I'm done, I'm finished, I'm going to die.
Spoken to his nurse.
~~ George Bernard Shaw, playwright, d. November 2, 1950


9.I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.
~~ Leonardo da Vinci, artist, d. 1519


10. "Pardonnez-moi, monsieur."- Antoinette, Marie, Queen of France (1755-1793)
Marie Antoinette was the wife of King Louis XVI.  She was convicted of treason following the Revolution and sentenced to death by beheading.  As she approached the guillotine, she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner.





11. Shoot me in the chest! (To his executioners.) ~~Benito Mussolini, Italian dictator, d.1945



12. "No."- Bell, Alexander Graham (1847-1922)

Alexander Graham Bell was a Scottish inventor who worked in the United States for most of his life.  While he is most famous for creating the telephone, Bell also held an appointment as a professor of vocal physiology at Boston University.  There, he fell in love with and married one of his deaf students, Mabel Hubbard.  After forty-five years of marriage, Bell was stricken with a fatal illness.  As he lay dying, Mabel whispered to him, "Don't leave me."  In response, Bell signed the word, "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment